Name and address concerning the controller
The body responsible for collecting, processing, and using your personal data is:
Kokido Development Limited,
1319, Sunbeam Centre, 27 Shing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
What Is Personal Data?
For this Policy's purpose, Personal Data includes your name, phone number, address, email address, online identifiers, and any other data which, directly or indirectly, can identify you.
Personal Data We Collect
Information Voluntarily Provided To Us. We collect your Personal Data and other information when you visit our Website, place orders, make purchases, sign up or create an account with us, when you interact with our customer service for support or give us feedback, or when you subscriber/participate in our survey/review or marketing activities (e.g., subscribing to our newsletter/mailing list, participating in our loyalty programs, contests, and sweepstakes, etc.). The Personal Data obtained and collected by us includes:
- Contact information (i.e. your name, phone number, postal address, email address, birthday, and any other personal data)
- Details of purchase/order you made and your purchase history
- Your payment information, such as billing address, credit card information, and other information required for placing an order or to complete the purchase
- Your consumer behaviors and habits
- Information and reason for contacting our customer service, and communication content between you and our customer service
Information Automatically Collected By Us. When you visit our Website, or when you interact with our emails or advertisements on our Website, or other sites, certain information is automatically collected by cookies or other tracking technologies:
- Internet protocol (IP) address and other device identifiers
- Your login information, browser type, browser plug-in types, operation system, time zone setting
- Information about your visit to our Website pages (e.g., products you searched or viewed for, the amount of time you spend on each page, crashes and download errors, and response times)
For more details, please refer to the KOKIDO Cookies Policy for more details. You may adjust your browser settings to decline cookies or limit certain tracking. However, such change, adjustment, or limitation may impact your experience of certain services/features on our Website, or you may not be able to take full advantage of our offerings.
Information Collected From Third-Party Sources. We also obtain and collect certain of your information from third-party sources, including social media, third-party apps, and similar technologies. The information may include your name, user name, postal address, phone number, email address, demographic information, habits, preference, interests, and any other publicly-observed data.
How We Use Your Personal Data
To Perform A Contract With You. We use and process your Personal Data to perform a contract with you and carry out our contractual obligations, including processing the order(s) you have placed and the payments, or taking the step that you have requested to enter into a contract.
For Our Legitimate Interest. We use and process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests, and our interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms. Our legitimate interests include:
- To manage your product and warranty registration
- To run and develop our business activities
- To pursue and conduct general marketing and promotional activities
- To provide you with our customer services, such as after-sale service, answering your queries, and providing you with the required products, services, or information
- To invite your feedback in order to improve our products, service, and Website
- To conduct research, review, and analysis
- To manage and administer our accounts and record
- To prevent or detect fraud and abuses of our Website
Based On Your Consent. In addition, based on your consent, we also use and process your Personal Data for other marketing purposes:
To communicate with you on updates about our products
To deliver the type of product that may be of interest to you, including tailored advertisements
To personalize and customize your Website experience
Processing personal data
We process personal data only in accordance with this data protection declaration. Your personal data is not transmitted to a third party, with the exception of the cases mentioned in this data protection declaration or binding national law.
In case of particular offers on our website – such as user account, newsletter, or contact – you may be required to sign up in advance, which leads to a need to process your personal data. Your data is only used if you transmitted your personal data to our company.
1. Online shop and user-registration
Our Online shop platform is carried out via an external service of the company SHOPIFY.
You can order in our online shop without registration or a user account. The user account can be deleted at any time. Data, which was transmitted to our company in accordance with your order in the online shop, are necessary for the transaction of the contract and also the provision of future customer services. Unless otherwise mentioned, this data is processed and used by our company for that reason only.
By sending the order form without registration or creating a user account, your personal data (title, name, address, country of origin, e-mail address) are processed.
Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR is the legal basis for this processing. If the opening of the user account is also intended to lead to the initiation of a contractual relationship with us or to fulfill an existing contract with us, the legal basis for this processing is also Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR. You may revoke your prior consent to the processing of your personal data at any time under Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR with future effect. All you have to do is inform us that you are revoking your consent.
2. User account
A user account is for getting the latest news and updates on KOKIDO products and services. The user account can be deleted by you at any time. Data communicated in the user account are necessary for the purpose of customer service and customer care and are processed and used by us in this respect. Some of the services we provide require cooperation with partner companies. If a user makes use of one of these services, we exchange names or other contact information with these partner companies so that they can carry out their activities. However, our partner companies may not use the information provided for purposes other than those related to the service.
We offer you different types of newsletters via e-mail, You can sign up for a newsletter during registration with your explicit approval or by disclosure of your e-mail address for this reason. The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter. The newsletter is only transmitted to your disclosed e-mail address. In addition, we kindly ask you to confirm that you are the owner of the e-mail address and your agreement for receiving the newsletter.
During the registration for the newsletter, we process your personal data from the contact fields (title, name, country of origin, e-mail address). The purpose of the process is the shipping of information concerning products, services, and events.
The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR.
You may revoke your prior consent to the processing of your personal data at any time under Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR with future effect. All you have to do is inform us that you are revoking your consent.
4. Product Registration
The registration of your product on our website for warranty services.
Upon registration of the KOKIDO product, your personal data (title, name, country of origin, telephone number, e-mail address) will be processed. The purpose of data processing is to supply information about products and services.
The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR.
You may revoke your prior consent to the processing of your personal data at any time under Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR with future effect. All you have to do is inform us that you are revoking your consent.
You have the option to register your Kokido product on our website at www.shop.kokido.com/pages/warranty-registration and you can avail yourself of our free reminder service for maintenance and service steps. The reminder is sent by email. When you register the Kokido product, your personal data from the contact fields will be processed (title, name, address, telephone number, email address). The purpose of data processing is to send information on products and services.
The legal basis for the processing is Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of the data at any time with effect for the future pursuant to Article 7 (3) GDPR. All you need to do is inform us of your withdrawal of consent.
5. E-mail Notifications
The dispatch of account- and product-specific notifications (status messages, warning, and error messages), as well as e-mail confirmations from contact forms, is carried out via an external service of the company SHOPIFY.
Specifically, the following personal data will be passed on for processing:
Recipient's E-mail address
In order to better support you with problems regarding your requests, your customer account, and your product notifications, the following events will be stored for a maximum of 30 days:
Marketing E-mail delivered to receiving server
Marketing E-mail delivered to receiving server - Spam
Marketing E-mail delivered to receiving server - Bounce
Marketing E-mail delivered to receiving server - Blocked
A data processing agreement pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR has been concluded with this service provider.
6. Contact via our website
Our website contains a contact form that enables quick electronic contact with our enterprise, which is carried out via an external service of the company HELPSCOUT, as well as direct communication with us, which also includes an e-mail address. If a data subject contacts our company via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the data subject are automatically stored.
In case of contact via the contact form, your personal data provided in the contact fields (title, name, country of residence, phone number, e-mail address) are processed. The purpose of the process is the handling your request.
The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
Our website contains a review platform that enables the users to get opinions from other users and is carried out via an external service of the company OPINEW.
Who And How We Share Your Personal Data
We do not sell your Personal Data. We do share your Personal Data as follows:
Authorized Personnel. Within KOKIDO, only the duly authorized personnel would have access to your Personal Data as necessary to perform duties for the purposes set forth in clause 2 above.
Other Third Parties. In addition, we share your Personal Data with the following third parties:
- Service Providers, including service providers for (a) web hosting, analytics, and related services, (b) payment processing, (c) order fulfillment and shipping, (d) fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and (e) marketing services on our behalf. The service providers are obligated contractually not to use, share or disclose your Personal Data unless as necessary to perform the services on our behalf or to comply with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Business Partners with whom we may collaborate in offering offer products
- Advertising Partners, who will be allowed to set cookies or other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities on our Website. We may also share with them certain selected personal information, such as purchase records and demographic information. They may use the information collected for "interest-based advertising" and "online behavioral advertising, i.e, to deliver tailored or targeted advertising to you on other websites.
- Trusted Third Parties, where disclosure is necessary (a) to protect the security or integrity of our databases or our Website; (b) for legal proceedings (e.g, legal action against pirated, counterfeit or unauthorized products) and to take precautions against legal liability; (c) in connection with the management of our business and operations; (d) in the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, change of control or any other similar event, to the extent permitted by applicable law; or (e) as required by applicable law or regulations, to the extent compatible with this Privacy.
Transfer of Personal Data
Outside Of The Origin Country. Your Personal Data may be transferred outside of the country from which it was originally collected and may be shared both intra-group and with third parties located in other jurisdictions, which may not have similar data protection laws. All such transfers of Personal Data will be pursuant to the applicable data protection laws.
Outside Of EEA. For residents in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we implement appropriate safeguards for the transfer of your Personal Data outside of the EEA, such as an appropriate data transfer agreement (based on the EU Commission Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of data to third countries (Article 46, 2., (c) of the GDPR, as of 25 May 2018)) or binding corporate rules (Article 47 of the GDPR as of 25 May 2018). All Personal Data so transferred should have adequate protection in accordance with applicable data protection rules.
Security And Retention
Security. We place great importance on and are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental loss, unlawful or accidental destruction, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access. However, there is no electronic transmission or storage of information that is 100% secure. While we will use commercially reasonable effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and any transmission of your personal information through the internet is at your own risk. For the best possible protection of your personal data and information, we recommend that your device should be protected (i.e., the latest antivirus systems) and your internet service provider should take appropriate measures for the security of network data transmission (i.e., firewalls and anti-spam filtering).
Retention. We retain your Personal Data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes set forth in this Policy, and in any event within the legal limitation periods under the applicable laws.
Your Rights With Respect To Your Personal Data
You have the rights to:
Get a copy of your Personal Data
Access, correct, and update your Personal Data
Restrict our use and processing of your Personal Data
Object our use and processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing and other purpose based on a "legitimate interest"
Request to delete your Personal Data
Withdraw a consent given to us previously
Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing
Make a complaint against us with your local data protection supervisory authority
You may exercise any of these rights by sending an email to us (email@example.com) with the subject of "Personal Data Right". We will take steps to verify your identity, please provide us with your name, email address, and evidence of your identity. We may also contact you asking for certain information for verification purposes. We will honor your above requests free of charge, however, to the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee or not to act on the request in case the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Links To Social Media Platforms And Other Sites
Social Media Platforms. Our Website contains social media plug-ins, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok. If you interact with these plug-ins, your activity on our Website will also be made available to those social media platforms. We do not have control of these social media platforms and do not endorse or make any representations about the third-party websites/applications, we are not responsible for their privacy practices or content. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of such social media platforms with which you interact.
Other Sites. Our Website may also contain hyperlinks to other third-party websites/applications which are not controlled or operated by us. The hyperlinks are for your reference and convenience only. We do not endorse or make any representations about the third-party websites/applications and are not responsible for their privacy practices or content. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website/application you visit before you visit the website/application or provide your Personal Data to them.
Children's Privacy Protection
We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the internet. Our services and Website are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Children should obtain their parent's consent before giving out their personal information. If we are made aware that the personal information of a child under the age of 13 (or the age of 16 in certain EU member countries) is collected without verifiable parental consent, we will delete such information from our files as soon as possible and cease and terminate the child's register account/membership. If you are concerned about your child's use of our Website, we recommend you to use web-filtering technology to supervise your child's access to our Website.
If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of "Children's Privacy Protection".
Please refer to KOKIDO Cookies Policy
Please refer to KOKIDO Privacy Statement For California Residents
Last Modified Date And Change
This version of the Policy is last modified and effective on 1 Apr 2022. We may from time to time change or modify our Policy to reflect changes to our privacy practices. If there is any modification or change, we will update the latest version which will be effective from the Last Modified Date. For any material changes, we will post a prominent notice on our Website, and where required by applicable law, we may also notify you of such material changes and seek your consent.
Questions And Concerns
If you have any queries, concerns, complaints, feedback, or comments regarding this Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We will endeavor to respond to your request and resolve your concerns as soon as possible.
KOKIDO Cookies Policy
What Is Cookie? A cookie is a small data file sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive, mobile phone, or other devices. The "first party cookies" are the cookies set by the website owner, and are used to make the website work, work more efficiently, and also provide reporting information. The "third party cookies" are the cookies set by other third parties, which allow third-party features/functionality to function on our Website, such as website analytics and advertising. Also, they can recognize your device when you visit or interact with our Website and when you visit or interact with other sites. Cookies can also be classified as "session cookies" which would be deleted automatically when you close the website browser, and "persistent cookies" which would last for more than one visit. The sites with these cookies can recognize you when you re-open your browser.
Types Of Cookies We Use.
- Strictly Necessary And Functional Cookies – These cookies are necessary for basic site functionality and to provide you with services on our Website, i.e., allowing your access to our Website, identifying you when you sign in your registered account, allowing your use of the Website functions such as shopping carts and securing customer account pages. If you choose to disable these cookies, you will be unable to place an order. These cookies are first-party and session cookies.
- Performance And Functionality Cookies – These cookies are not strictly necessary but can enhance the Website’s performance and functionality by tracking usage on the Website. For example, they allow us to remember your site preference. If you choose to disable these cookies, certain functions such as the personalized features may become unavailable. These cookies are also first-party cookies and can be session or persistent.
- Analytics and customization cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use the Website, such as which pages you visit, and help us customize the Website for you. They also include analytics allowing us to obtain statistics about website access and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. The information so collected is aggregated and no personal identification information would be collected by these cookies. These cookies are a mix of first-party and third-party cookies and can be session or persistent. The third-party cookies include pinterest.com, facebook.com, and twitter.com.
- Advertising And Marketing Cookies – These cookies collect information to create tailored advertising to your interest on our Website, social media platforms, or other sites. They identify your preferences and analyze your online interactions with us. If you choose to disable these cookies, it may result in receiving advertising that is not as relevant to you. These cookies are a mix of first-party and third-party cookies and can be session or persistent. The third-party cookies include naver.com, line.me, and shop.pe, doubleclike.net, linksynergy.com, facebook.com, twitter.com, and bing.com.
- Social Media Cookies – These cookies enable you to connect to third-party social media networks and share content from our website through to the social media networks. If you choose to disable these cookies, you will be unable to connect to social media networks effectively and share content. These cookies are a mix of first-party and third-party cookies and can be session or persistent. The third-party cookies include pinterest.com, facebook.com, and twitter.com.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use our Website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our Website, such as the time, place, and frequency of your visits to our Website, including your IP address, will be transmitted to Google’s servers and stored there. Google will use this information on our behalf to analyze your use of our Website and compile reports regarding activities on our Website and other internet usages. The information that your browser conveys within Google Analytics will not be merged and associated with any other data held by Google. You may at any time opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics. For more details, please visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Here are the links of certain browsers with details of the cookies setting:
You may learn how to delete cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/; and how to disable third-party cookies and advertising or targeting cookies on your computer at http://youronlinechoices.com/.
Please be aware that if you disable the cookies completely, our Website may not be able to function properly, and it may impact your experience of certain services/features, or you may not be able to take full advantage of our offerings.
KOKIDO Privacy Statement For California Residents
Categories Of Personal Information We Collected.
In the preceding 12-month period, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, for example, name, email address, billing and shipping address, and phone number
- Commercial information, for example, purchase habits and purchase history
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), for example, physical characteristics or description and payment information such as credit card number
- Protected classifications under California law, for example, age (over 40 years old), race, and gender
- Geolocation data, for example, precise physical location such as IP address, billing address, and shipping address
- Internet and other similar network activity, for example, browsing history, search history, consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
- Visual information, for example, the pictures/images you upload to our Website
- Professional or employment-related information, for example, from employment candidates
- Inferences are drawn from other personal information, for example, consumer profiles reflecting certain preferences, characteristics, and behavior
California Consumer Rights. As a California consumer, you have the right to request:
- access to your personal information that we have collected in the last 12 months, and additional information about our privacy practices, such as the categories of personal information we collected, how we collect such information, the business or commercial purpose to collect such information, how and who we share your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed and sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed and sold the past 12 months. You may make this request twice every 12 months.
- obtaining a copy of your electronic personal information in a readily usable format
- obtaining certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes ("Shine the Light" law (California Civil Code Section § 1798.83))
- deletion of your personal information that we have collected. We may need to keep certain information for our legitimate business purpose or as required by applicable law, but we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request.
- Opt-out of disclosure and sales of your personal information to third parties
- using an authorized agent designated by you to make requests under CCPA. Your agent must provide us with a copy of a signed written authorization or power of attorney authorizing the agent to act on your behalf. We will take steps to verify that the agent has been duly authorized.
- Not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of your CCPA rights
You may exercise your California consumer right by sending an email to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject of "California Privacy Right". As we are required under California law to verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information, please provide us with your name and email address. We may also contact you asking for certain information for verification purposes. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.